Did you know that more than 50% of all dogs and cats are obesity, according to the Association for Pet Obesity Prevention? The team at Affordable Pet Care Basse wants to lower that number by helping pets of Texas reach a healthy weight with our 90-day pet weight loss challenge. This challenge will be held from May 16 to August 15 and include four categories: small, medium, large dog, and cat. Each category will have a winner. During your pet’s initial weigh-in, our team will discuss a diet plan to help them reach their weight loss goal. Subsequent weigh ins will occur every two to three weeks, with a minimum of four weigh-ins during the challenge. The final weigh-in must occur during the week of August 8. The four pets (one from each category) that lose the largest percentage of weight will be declared the winner and receive prizes.
Pet Weight Loss Challenge Requirements
- Initial weigh-in/deadline to enter challenge: May 16
- Final weigh-in deadline: August 15
- Minimum number of weigh-ins required: 4, every 2-3 weeks*
- Pets must be current on annual exams to enter
- Pets must follow a restrictive diet, but can be fed the food of their owners’ choice (prescription or over-the-counter)
*Missed weigh-ins will result in disqualification.
Pet Weight Loss Challenge Prizes
- Gift basket
- Bragging rights
- Facebook appearance
- Free bag of prescription Science Diet® or Purina® food*
*Only pets competing on a prescription diet are eligible
Stop in to Affordable Pet Care Basse to enter our pet weight loss challenge, or give us a call at 210-735-2273 to request your pet’s annual wellness exam to qualify.